Tuesday, January 3, 2017

This project

Pretty simple really; using Michael Hick's Street Legal Version of Mormon's Book as inspiration, I am re-writing the Book of Mormon, a chapter at a time, into my own words.

I am doing this by placing the original text into a word processor, reading it, and then writing it how I would have written the same thing.

Please don't take anything I write to be any more or less true than the Book of Mormon itself. I am not trying to improve the book, nor am I trying to alter it in some fundamental way. The process of writing these words is just an exercise for me to try to wrap my head around a book that I have grown estranged to.

If you're into this sort of thing, I can suggest reading Hick's book, and listening to David Michael's podcast where he does this on the fly. Check back for other resources I find later too.

If you'd like to contact me, you can do so at mybookofmormonproject [at] gmail

No comments:

Post a Comment