Tuesday, January 3, 2017

1 Nephi Chapter Note


My name is Nephi and this book is about my family: my mom and dad and three brothers (our names are (oldest to youngest) Laman, Lemuel, Sam, and then me, Nephi.) In this book I’m going to tell you the story of how my Dad, who was a preacher and was working hard to call the people to repentance (which of course they didn’t like), felt like God told him to pack up all of our stuff and leave Jerusalem, where we were living at the time. Then, after we had been gone for three days, and realized we were going to be gone forever, Dad felt like we had to go back for the genealogical record of our people. So we do that too. This book is about all the bad stuff that happened, how we all got married to a set of sisters from family that we were close to (Ishmael’s family), and then how we wandered in the wilderness for a long time and ended up by the ocean in this nice place that we called Bountiful. Then I explain how my brothers were awful, but we built a ship anyway and sailed across the sea and landed in the promised land and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment